Friday, October 30, 2009
My baby turned 29 years old today. TWENTYNINE!!! I can hardly believe it. I remember so well looking at that babyface for the first time. All of my children really. They are all adults, and I still feel like the young mother I was then...in my heart. My body is another blog. It is an amazing advendture motherhood. So much the rollercoatster ride. You never really know how you are going to feel until you just get on that ride. Will you be scared? Will you have fun? Is it going to hurt? Is your heart going to jump right out of your chest? Are you going to be bored? The answer to all of the those questions is yes..OH! Except the bored one. No mother is ever bored with children. But the rest of the answers are YES!! You will have all of those feelings as a mother and probably a few more hiding in the wings. But each and every feeling has a place in your heart. You learn so much from your children. Mine have definetly taught me laughter, and ....well.....fear. Fear because they are always so fearless. When they wanted something, they seemed to have no fear. No fear of the parents, (and believe me they should have had fear) no fear of the consequences. They just bullied in, or snuck around, and did it,until they were caught. But then... they were full of love...(But I LOVE you mom). See, love and fear. Is it worth the motherhood ride? It most certainly is!!! Wouldn't trade it for the world. I hope both them and I learned something from the ride to adulthood. To this day they are still fearless. They know what they want (and I know better than to try to tell them what is good for them)and they go and get it. I wished they would stay babies forever, but I love the adults they are now just as much. And now I have grandchildren!!! Now THEY make my body know its age. Picking up a 20 pound baby is not as easy as it used to be. I could balance a baby on one hip, hold the hand of the other going up a flight of steps to make sure the oldest got to dance class. Now I huff and puff just going up a flight of steps...I get confused and forget what I was talking about....did I mention my baby turned 29 today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment