Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wow, can sisters be fun!!! As I have said before, laughter IS the best medicine. The four of us should not need a vacine if that is the case. Maybe I should introduce my sisters. They are in order, Terry, Suzy, and Meghan.We range in age from 54(that is me) to 35(Meghan). We spent three short days doing everything from campfires, scrabble, and Chipshawana, to eating and making fun of our shortcomings. We made a deal that whatever happens at the cabin stays at the cabin so I can't go into what the shortcomings are, just let it be said it was hilarious. There is alot to be said for a cabin on the water. The mornings were beautiful, swans were aswimming, and chipmunks were aplaying. There was a mist on the water that was inspiring. I almost broke out in song several times. They would have stopped me if I would have. We reminised about our childhood, and I think our parents would be pleased to know we feel we were very blessed in that respect. We had the normal rebellions and really thought we knew more than our parents, (we now agree we were wrong). All in all it was just what we all needed. There is a bond with siblings that is so important. In those kinds of relationships, you always know someone has your back. ALWAYS. Friends come and go, and the ones who stay are also your family, but growing up in the same house with the same day to day for on the average 18 of your most vulnerable years is the glue that cannot come appart. I am pleased that we had this time and hoping to make it a yearly thing and as all of our daughters grow, to add them as well. Woman of families unite! It makes your day to day easier when you have those friends....your sisters....your heart....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I could have been the proverbial fly on the wall!
ReplyDelete