Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Let's stay ahead of the flu
With all of the nasty flu and virus activity going around, I thought I would use my blog for alittle "let's try to stay healthy" chat. People run to the doc for a fix after the fact, I thought maybe I could give you some pointers for what to do to keep yourself ahead of the game. There are several products on the market that are anti viral. Vitamin C being a good one. There is a product out there called EmergenC from Alacer. There are several different flavors and one of them is focused on the immune system. You can buy this at Walgreens. They even have their own brand of this product. If you have never tried this, I suggest you do. Not only is it good for your immune system, it gives you great energy. Many B vitamins, you just put a packet or two in water and sit back and be amazed. Better than any energy drink out there. Also for keeping you out of sick mode is olive leaf, oil of oregano, colloidal silver and grapefruit seed extract. All of these are helpful in your fight to stay well. I worked in a health food store for 5 years and the owner would have employees take these during cold and flu season. I would rather take something as easy as these, than take my chances with the flu shot. And don't even get me started on shots of any kind. There is the "wash your hands" approach as well. Stay away from crowds as much as poss. too. I think I will be doing alot of Christmas shopping on line this year. Oh, another product I feel is good for you to do instead of antibiotics is acidophilus. This product is great for balancing the bacteria in the body. Yogurt carries these properties but you can get it in pill form at higher dosages. I hope this helps some of you keep your health in check. There is so many nasty germs out there. Good luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great way to utilize the vast knowledge you've gained over the years Cindy. You should be a big help to anyone health conscious. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteReg